The habanero ketchup goes well with avocado, fries, hamburger, hot dogs.
2 T olive oil
1 onion (medium size, chopped)
4 clv garlic (minced)
1 chili pepper (small habanero chili pepper)
1 bell pepper (red, seeded and chopped)
2 lb tomato (washed, cut)
1 lf bay leaf
1⁄2 t allspice (ground)
1⁄2 t cinnamon (ground)
4 t clove (ground)
3⁄4 c vinegar (cider vinegar)
2 c brown sugar (packed)
seasoning (salt and ground black pepper to taste)
- Heat oil in heavy bottom saucepan over a medium heat; sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Add peppers and tomatoes; sauté until tender.
- Add bay leaf, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and vinegar; simmer until peppers are very soft.
- Remove bay leaf and puree; return to saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.