A hearty soup for the newlyweds is an Italian wedding tradition.
- In a large sauté pan, brown the turkey. Season with the Spike, drain, and set aside.
- Place the sausage in a sauté pan, season with the Spike, and brown.
- Add the sea salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat the water and the broth, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Add the turkey, sausage, and onion powder, and stir until a low boil is attained.
- Reduce the heat simmer and stir in the pasta. Cover, simmer for about 30 minutes, and serve.
Dr. Walter Crinnion is one of America's foremost authorities on environmental medicine. A naturopathic physician, he is the director of the Environmental Medicine Center of Excellence at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Arizona and chair of the Environmental Medicine Department. He is a close colleague of Dr. Peter D'Adamo, author of the monumental bestseller Eat Right 4 Your Type.