A delicious sample of oriental cooking. Walnut chicken is surely to be liked by everyone.
- Cube the bamboo shoots, celery, onion, and water chestnuts. Sauté slightly in oil. Remove from the pan.
- Brown walnuts, blanched in deep oil, remove and drain.
- Dredge uncooked chicken, cut into cubes, with salt, corn starch, soy sauce, sherry and sugar.
- Heat pan, add 3 tablespoons oil and sauté the dredged chicken until tender.
- To the chicken, add the soup stock, heat thoroughly.
- Distribute food on a serving tray. Serve hot.
If you want to get rid of the bitterness of the walnuts. cover them in cold water and boil for 3 minutes. Drain immediately.