This recipe makes an 80% chocolate. You can make it to your own taste, however using more or less sugar.
- Combine the nibs and sugar in the coffee grinder
- Grind for a couple of minutes, then open the grinder and push the ingredients down from the sides.
- Grind for another 2 to 3 minutes, scrape the sides and give it a taste.
- Add desired spices and flavorings.
- Grind another 30 to 60 seconds.
- When the chocolate is liquefied, remove it from the grinder and place it in a mortar and pestle.
- If the chocolate starts to harden, put the mortar and pestle in the microwave to warm it up.
- Grind the chocolate in the mortar using the pestle.
You will need a regular coffee grinder, mortar, and pestle.
The chocolate will take a total of about 5 minutes grinding time to become liquefied.