Angel hair cooks fast and shrimp is also easy, making this an ideal fast food that is also good for you, so this recipe becomes healthy fast food.
- Finely chop the garlic and the basil. Remove any tails from the shrimp, but don't chop. Mix the cornstarch with the water.
- Boil the pasta in plenty of water. The key is to provide enough space around the pasta to allow even heating and an even coating of starch, get the pasta is al dente - firm, not overdone.
While you are waiting...
- Place the garlic and olive oil into a sauce pan and saute for a couple of minutes, then add the shrimp and saute for 3 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water with cornstarch and the basil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, but don't rinse. Then pour the sauce over the still hot pasta and serve. Ready in half an hour and a true taste treat.
It is easy to give this recipe some color by adding 2 Tbs tomato sauce with the water.
To make angel hair fishermen style, substitute all garlic with 1 medium sized onion, basil with parsley and add 1 tsp paprika just before adding the wine.