This dish from Piedmont is only one of dozens from a section of this lovely country known for outstanding cuisine. Try it and you'll quickly become convinced.
1 lb beef (beef fillet)
1 truffle (white truffle, chopped)
2 clv garlic
- Squeeze the lemons, mince the anchovy, and crush the garlic, then set aside.
- Shave the mushrooms into a small bowl.
- Sear the outside of the fillet to kill any surface bacteria. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
- Trim off the cooked portion. Chop the meat very finely and mix with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Allow the meat to soak up the juice for about 10 minutes, then sprinkle on the garlic. Allow to sit for another 10 minutes and remove the garlic.
- Place it on a serving dish and sprinkle on the minced anchovy. Then top with the truffle.