Make extra marinade and reserve part, before adding the chicken, then heat and serve on the side, for dipping.
- In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice. Add the Scotch bonnet pepper, onion, and green onions and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- While grilling, baste with the marinade.
This recipe has the hot authentic flavor you would find in Jamaica. For those who prefer a milder taste, halve the amount of spices.