A nutritional, full main meal in a bite size form.
6 eggplant (stems removed, peeled and with an incision lengthwise through half the width)
1⁄2 c cooking oil
3 onion (peeled and diced)
3 tomato (peeled and chopped)
1 1⁄2 t salt
- Soak the eggplants in salted water for 30 minutes, meanwhile heating a pan with margerine.
- In the pan fry the onions until nearly transparent then add the minced meat.
- After 10 minutes and the tomatoes and salt, cooking until the juices evaporate.
- Remove the eggplants and dry them before lightly browning them in a pan.
- Meanwhile stuff them with the minced meat mixture and add a pepper and tomato slice on top of each one.
- Add a little water, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
1 hour, 15 minutes