This pie has a sweet filling made of condensed milk, egg yolks, and Key lime juice.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine in a bowl the Graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and the melted butter, slightly cooled. Place the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish and press against the sides to shape it into a pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and cool in the pie dish.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl for a couple of minutes. Add the condensed milk, whisk, add the Key lime juice, and whisk once more. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Pour this filling into the pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven. Serve straight away, with whipped cream, or freeze.
You can serve Key lime pie with meringue, instead of whipped cream. Whisk egg whites with 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar until stiff. Spoon over the Key lime pie and bake at 350°F until the top gets a pale golden brown color. This is a way to use the egg whites.