Crepes with kumquat flavor.
1 c kumquat (preserved kumquats)
1 c butter (1/4 melted, 3/4 at room temperature)
1 c sugar
2 c pecan nuts
3 T brandy (or Cognac)
3 egg (large)
1⁄2 c brandy (best Cognac, if not more brandy)
1 pk crepes
- Seed, chop and then pat dry the kumquats, reserving 1/3 cup of the kumquat syrup.
- Combine the eggs, 1 1/2 cups pecans, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup butter t room temperature, kumquats and 3 tablespoons brandy in a blender pulse to mix well.
- Turn out into a bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Generously butter two 7x11 inch baking dishes.
- Fill each crepe with about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the filling. Reserving about 1/3 cup.
- Roll crepes up in a cigar fashion.
- Arrange them seam side down, in single layer, in the prepared baking dishes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle the crepes with the remaining pecans and sugar. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake until bubbling hot, around 15 minutes.
- While baking, combine the 1/3 cup reserved filling, 2 tablespoons Cognac and the 1/3 cup reserved kumquat syrup in small saucepan and bring to simmer over a low heat
- Warm the remaining Cognac in small saucepan.
- To serve, arrange crepes on platter and top with sauce.
- Ignite the Cognac and pour over top, shaking platter until flame subsides.
- Serve immediately.