This is a cold appetizer, ideal for the summer months. Consider also serving it with salad and crusty bread for lunch.
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Chop two-thirds of shrimp, leaving remaining shrimp whole. Cover and chill chopped and whole shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add sour cream, onion salt, and red pepper, beating until smooth. Spread mixture onto serving platter, shaping into a 5-inch circle. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Combine chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and horseradish; stir well, and spread over cream cheese round.
- Sprinkle chopped shrimp over chili sauce mixture; top with whole shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
Try a hot chili sauce for a fiery appetizer or sweet chili sauce for less heat.