A delicious quick bread that it is not only easy to prepare, but heart heatlhy, as well. This bread is made with yogurt, tea, honey, sunflower oil, whole wheat flour and whole oats, no butter or margarine.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 1 lb loaf pans with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Mix well yogurt, brewed tea, honey, oil, honey and egg in a bowl. Stir in oats and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- MIx whole wheat flour, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl, and then add to oat and yogurt blend, stirring lightly.
- Divide dough evenly between the two prepared pans and bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve, cut in slices or wedges, or wrap tightly and store.
Mix dough just until the dry ingredients are moist, a smooth dough it is not necessary.
If baking in a large loaf pan, increase oven time accordingly. It would take 45-50 minutes to produce one 2 lb loaf. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out with virtually clean, no more than a few moist crumbs, the loaf is ready.