A sweet pudding wit a low GI to maintain steady sugar levels.
- Spread the hazelnut spread thickly over 2 slices of the bread. Scatter with raisins.
- Make sandwiches by adding the remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters and stand upright in square casserole dish.
- Whisk eggs with cinnamon, sugar, and milk. Pour the mixture over bread trying to distribute evenly. Let stand so bread absorbs the mixture.
- Place the casserole dish into a larger casserole or baking pan. Add hot water into the larger baking pan until about half way up the sides of casserole.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes until custard is set.
Adding water helps to maintain a steady temperature around the pudding and prevent burning of the edges in a similar way to how a double boiler works for melting chocolate.