Eggplant Parmesan is delicious and it is not out of your low fat diet if you follow this recipe.
- Coat eggplant with egg white, then dust with bread crumbs.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Flip and bake 10 more minutes until browned.
- Spread sauce in bottom of a square baking dish.
- Arrange half eggplant over sauce. Add half cheese. Repeat layering pattern. Bake 350° F for 30-40 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of grated parmesean cheese at serving time.
Eggplant should be tender when done.
For the real thing, see the Italian eggplant Parmesan recipe. The difference is in the fat content.