A light main meal with a surprising mix of ingredients that go together really well.
6 chicken (chicken breasts)
6 sli bread (day old bread)
1 c macadamia nuts
2 lemon (grated rind and the juice)
1 pk salad leaves (mixed lettuce leaves and salad greens)
2 avocado (peeled, stoned and chopped)
1 onion (red onion, peeled and chopped)
1 chili pepper (green chili, finely chopped)
2 T vinegar (red wine vinegar)
2 T cooking oil (macadamia oil)
- Make the salsa by mixing the avocados, onion, chili, vinegar and macadamia oil, then rest to one side.
- Process the bread and nuts to a fine crumb, the mixing this with lemon rind and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the chicken breasts in lemon juice then roll in the crumby mixture and place on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake the chicken until crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with salad greens and the salsa.