This variation is more nourishing than the traditional version and may well be the way to introduce seafood into the diet.
- Mix crab with tomato sauce, check seasoning. Warm.
- Cook pasta in abundant salted boiling water until done. Drain.
- Warm cheese sauce if not done before.
- Mix macaroni and cheese sauce and place in an ovenproof dish. Top with the warm crab. Cover with tomato slices and sprinkle grated cheese on.
- Cook under the broiler until the cheese turns golden brown.
Warm crab mixture for 1 minute at medium in the microwave oven or place in an ovenproof pan, cover with foil and warm in a slow oven while preparing pasta and cheese sauce.
Substitute crab and tomato puree with canned sardines or pilchards in tomato sauce for a cheap and nutritious dish.