Brilliant Mediterranean flavors from the European coast. An easy and healthy recipe with less fat, white meat and vegetables.
2 hd garlic (small, whole + 2 clove, minced)
1 chicken (broiler or fryer, cut into 8 pieces)
8 t olive oil
1 pn pepper (black pepper)
2 T parsley (finely chopped)
2 tomato (medium, peeled, cored and halved crosswise)
1 eggplant (large, sliced 3/4 inch thick)
8 sli bread (French bread)
- Mix together 1 1/2 tablespoons of rosemary with the 2 minced cloves of garlic and rub half of the mixture under the skin of the chicken. Rub the outside of the chicken with the other half. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Discard the garlic skin from the whole heads, leave the heads intact. Put the garlic, remaining rosemary and 2 teaspoons olive oil on a 14 inch long heavy duty foil and seal tightly.
- Place your rack 6 inches over white hot coals. Sprinkle half the pepper over the chicken, place on the grill along with the foil of garlic. Turn often and cook 40 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining pepper and parsley together. Brush over the eggplant and tomato.
- Move the chicken and garlic foil to the far side of the grill, place tomato and eggplant in the center, grill for 15-20 minutes turning only once. 5 minutes prior to the vegetables being tender, place the bread slices on the grill, turning once, until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and place on a platter. Open the garlic foil and over a small bowl, squeeze the garlic to remove the pulp. Spread pulp over the bread and vegetables.
Choose a chicken with a weight around 3 1/2 pounds.
1 hour, 15 minutes