A typical vegetable mix to have baked or grilled in all the Mediterranean. You will find a similar recipe, minus mozzarella, in each country along the Mediterranean coast.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the eggplant, place in a bowl and generously sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté a further 2 minutes. Stir in the oregano and mix through. Set aside.
- Place the onion and garlic mixture into a non-stick baking try (include any oil too). Now rinse the eggplant and pat dry.
- Arrange the eggplant slices, zucchini, pepper and mozzarella slices over the onion mixture. Alternative for a colourful and interesting dish.
- Now season with a little pepper if desired and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour.
Think outside the box when using hummus. It’s not only for dipping, it also makes a great vegetarian sandwich filler - add hummus and a few lettuce leaves and slices of tomatoes. It’s also a great filler for roasted peppers and delicious mixed with couscous. Hummus can also replace mayonnaise for those on an egg free diet.
prepare the tahini hummes version for the strictest vegetarians - those who don't have dairy in their diet.