Melon risotto can be prepared in the same way as butternut squash or pumpkin risotto. Substituting wine with brandy gives this recipe a more interesting taste.
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable stock up to boiling point.
- On a low heat, melt butter in a pan and sauté the onion until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add brandy and cook until evaporated.
- Add half of the melon and mix carefully. Add a little of the boiling broth and cook slowly for 10 minutes, adding more broth as it is absorbed.
- Add the other half of the melon, and cook for 6-8 minutes more then season, stir in cream, Parmesan cheese (it will melt) and chopped chives.
- Cover and let the risotto stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- If you are fond of pepper, black pepper is recommended for this recipe. Sprinkle some over the rice when cooked.
Not a surprise if this risotto tastes slightly sweet. A little ground black pepper will balance the flavor.