These taste delicious and make a great lunch. Add a side salad for a quick dinner too.
- Heat 1 Tbs of oil in a large non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté for approximately 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, corn, chopped tomatoes, cumin and paprika. Mix well and simmer gently for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- While that's cooking make the salsa. Place diced sliced onion, diced tomatoes, chopped coriander, juice of half a lime and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and place in refrigerator for flavors to absorb.
- Once your chickpea mixture is finished cooking and the salsa is done, make the guacamole (right before serving).
- Mix guacamole ingredients - ripe avocado, low fat yogurt and juice of one lime - in a bowl and crush with fork until light and creamy.
- Gently heat the corn tortillas in a hot oven for approximately 1 minute. Divide the chickpea mixture between the tortillas and top each tortilla with a little salsa and guacamole. You can also add a dollop of sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt. Roll up and serve immediately.
If you like it hot add a few jalapeños or 1/2 seeded and finely sliced red chili to the salsa.
Corn is a cereal that does not contain gluten. This recipe is suitable for a gluten free diet.
How to make it dairy free? Substitute yogurt with 1 Tbs olive oil.