Serve with baked tortilla chips and salsa on the side. After all, this is Mexican inspired food.
- Mix beans, corn, diced pepper and green onion in a bowl.
- Stir in olive oil, chili and chopper coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Assemble the salad
- Halve each tomato and scoop out the pulp. Set the shells aside and chill if not used immediately.
- When ready to serve, line four plates with shredded lettuce.
- Place two tomato halves on each one.
- Spoon equal amounts of the bean mix into each tomato half.
- Garnish with coriander.
Prepare the filling and tomato shells and chill until ready, or assemble the tomatoes and chill.
At last minute, prepare a bed of lettuce on each plate, place the stuffed tomatoes, garnish with coriander and a couple of corn chips.