Mud pies are chocolate or coffee pies. They got their name when a waitress at a restaurant remarked that the melted chocolate in a pie reminded her of the Mississippi mud.
- Leave the ice cream at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Pour the melted butter into a bowl and mix in the crushed chocolate wafers.
- Press the chocolate wafer and butter mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie dish.
- Fill the pie with coffee ice cream. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Put the pie in the freezer until the coffee ice cream is firm again, about 20 minutes.
- Get the pie out of the freezer, top with the fudge sauce and smooth with again with the spatula.
You can also decorate the mud pie with whipped cream.