Make oat cakes in the best Scottish tradition. They are lovely with quince jelly and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (180° C)
- Combine oats, flour, buttermilk and water. Mix well. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it sit out of the fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Add sesame seeds, seeds, salt, baking powder, and olive oil.
- Roll up into a ball, dust with flour and roll out to about 6mm thick. Cut with a smallish round cutter and re-roll the scraps to make more cakes.
- Place cakes about 1/10 inch (1/2 cm) apart on a baking sheet and bake for about 22 minutes or until golden, perhaps longer. Let cool on a rack.
This recipe for oat cakes with and easy wheat free version from Liz was a winner in All Foods Natural "A Recipe & A Picture" contest.