Luckily, there are several ways to get that Sicilian sauce just right. Here's one example, a fine tomato-based concoction just right for fish dishes.
Preparation is simplicity itself in this case.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Then do likewise for the onions.
- Crush the garlic and the basil leaves.
- Add the chili sauce and the olive oil, then dump it all into a blender.
- Puree for about 30 seconds and, voila!
Add more garlic if you like it.
Although part of Italy, Sicily has often gone its own way politically. That same independent spirit is found in the cuisine of this sun-drenched island, and most particularly in its fine sauces.
This Sicilian sauce goes well with all sorts of grilles seafood. It is also a perfect dip for potato chips or corn chips and some crudités.