Made with only 5 ingredients, Yankee Salad is a nice cool treat for many meals. It only takes only a few minutes to whip up and there’s virtually no mess. Yankee Salad is great as a side dish, dessert and heck; we’ve even eaten it for breakfast.
- In a large bowl, add the cottage cheese and dry gelatin dessert.
- Using a spoon, fold together until the flavored gelatin powder is evenly distributed. Do not over-mix!
- Add the whipped cream or whipped topping and fold until blended.
- Next, add the fruit. Fold together until fruit is distributed evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
While we are suggesting strawberry, orange and pineapple, there are literally make hundreds of different flavor combinations that you can make.
Substitute strawberry gelatin dessert, pineapple and mandarin segments with any flavored gelatin and any fruit combinations, such as:
- Grape gelatin dessert, pineapple and grapes
- Raspberry gelatin dessert, raspberries and blueberries
- Strawberry gelatin dessert, fresh strawberries and bananas