Traditionally American with an Eastern flavor. This dish must be made ahead of time.
1⁄2 c soy sauce
1⁄4 c sherry
3 T sesame oil
1⁄3 t hot pepper sauce
1 T ginger
2 T sugar
3 clv garlic
3 lb pork (baby back ribs)
- Cook potatoes and carrots in a large uncovered pot or kettle of boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon to reserve the water, transfer the vegetables into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Place ribs into the water, reduce heat to a simmer, and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Divide between two self sealing plastic food storage bags and set aside.
- Drain the ribs very well, divide them evenly into the food storage bags with the sherry mixture.
- Lay the bags flat and refrigerate for 4-48 hours. Turning the bags over occasionally.
- Place the ribs on an oiled grill over white hot coals. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill 4 minutes, turn and brush on more marinade.
- Place the vegetables on the grill and brush with the marinade.
- Cook for 8 minutes, turning everything once after 4 minutes, and brushing on more of the marinade.
4 hours, 45 minutes