This is a light version of a popular Thai beef salad. Serve with sesame bread sticks.
Prepare the dressing.
- Place pineapple juice, soy sacue, sugar, dark sesame oil and chopped green chili into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Chill until required.
Cook the steak.
- Broil steak for 15-20 minutes in a broil pan at 4-6 inches from the heat.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices, crosswise.
Assemble the salad.
- Mix the sliced steak, onion and coriander in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange a bed of salad leaves on four plates.
- Distribute the beef and onion mixture on top.
- Garnish with peanuts.
- Serve straight away.
Omit the sesame bread sticks for a gluten free diet, use rice cakes instead.