This recipe makes a simple and delicious side dish with a twist.
3 c green beans
1 t sesame oil
1 T olive oil (extra virgin olive oil)
2 clv garlic (peeled and crushed)
1 ginger (1 inch piece, peeled, grated or finely sliced)
2 T soy sauce
- Steam the beans for approximately 5 minutes until slightly tender.
- In a separate pan heat the olive and sesame oils.
- Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for approximately 1 to 2 minutes taking care not to burn.
- Mix in the ginger and soy sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour the ginger mixture over the green beans and serve immediately.