Dinner for two? Keep it simple but flavorful with a dis from Oriental inspiration.
2 pce salmon (salmon fillets)
2 T cooking oil
2 onion (green onions or spring onions, sliced thin)
2 t ginger (freshly grated ginger)
1 c water
2 T soy sauce (dark soy sauce)
1 T honey (optional)
1 t corn starch (heaped)
- Mix the water, honey, soy sauce and corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the salmon fillets, skin side up, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced spring onions and grated ginger and turn the salmon over. Fry for 2 minutes more, stirring the onion and ginger frequently.
- Pour the soy sauce mix over the salmon, bring to the boil and simmer gently 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the wok, place on a serving dish and pour the sauce over the fish.
Serve with rice or egg noodles.