A paratha bread with potato and spinach.
1 c flour (plain wheat flour)
3 potato (boiled and mashed)
1 c spinach (finely chopped, about 3 large leaves)
2 clv garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
1⁄4 t turmeric
1⁄2 t chili powder (or to taste)
1 t coriander (ground)
mango (dry mango powder, amchoor)
salt (to taste)
1 pn caraway
ghee (clarified butter, or oil, for frying)
- Make dough with wheat flour, with a pinch of salt and enough water to bind the dough.
- Season mashed potatoes with turmeric, chili powder, coriander, dry mango powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, and put garlic in. Fry until it is light brown.
- Add the finely chopped spinach, caraway seed, season with salt and fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Make balls of the dough and roll out in to small circles.
- Place some mashed potato and a little spinach in the center of each circle, gather all the sides in the center and make it a ball again.
- Roll them out in to parathas and toast in a pan on a medium flame applying ghee on both sides till they are done.
Serve hot with curd or raita and pickles.