The original way to make carbonara. With simple ingredients, it is still a popular traditional tasty dish.
1⁄4 c cream (whipping cream)
1 onion (diced)
4 egg (just the yolks)
2 T olive oil
1⁄2 c cheese (grated Parmesan)
4 bacon (cut into pieces)
1 t pepper (finely ground)
- Cook the onions in a pan until translucent before adding the bacon until crisp.
- Turn off the fire and add the pepper before mixing and setting aside.
- Mix the cream with the yolks and set aside seperately.
- Cook the pasta in salted water then drain and add the two set aside mixtures and mix it all together.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.