Goes well with meatloaf, chicken, and pork.
1 T cooking oil
4 peach (pitted, peeled and roughly chopped)
1⁄2 c vinegar (white wine vinegar)
1⁄4 c brown sugar (light brown sugar)
2 T sugar
1 t salt
1⁄2 t pepper (cracked black pepper)
1⁄2 t garlic (dried garlic powder)
1⁄4 t allspice (ground)
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Cook the onions until transparent.
- Add peaches, and stirring often, cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, sugar and spices.
- Reduce heat and simmering 1 hour. Stir occasionally to make sure it does not burn.
- Stir in the juice from your 1 lemon.
- Place the ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature.
1 hour, 35 minutes