A great snack with the sweet taste of the peaches and nothing more.
- Heat oven to 175º F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Blend the peaches, lemon juice and nutmeg together until smooth.
- Measure 2 cups of the fruit mixture. Spread thinly over the baking sheet.
- Bake with the oven door ajar until the mixture peels easily from the baking sheet, about 3 hours.
- Remove the peach leather from the oven, peel from the baking sheet and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into strips, about 10. Roll each strip.
- Store the strips in a resealable plastic bag until snack time.
When the fruit leather is in the oven, check every 30-40 minutes if peels easily and it is ready.
If the peach leather has been in the oven for 3 hours but it is still wet, turn it over and bake 10-15 minutes more.