A delicious sweet bread that can be served as dessert or snack.
2 c flour (all purpose wheat flour)
1 t baking soda
1⁄2 t salt
1⁄2 c shortening
1 c peanut butter (smooth)
2⁄3 c brown sugar (light brown sugar)
2 egg (large)
2 bananas (ripe, peeled and cut into chunks)
1 T lemon juice
1⁄2 c peanuts (dry roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed)
1 t vanilla extract
cooking oil (vegetable oil or cooking spray to grease the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the loaf pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mash the bananas and mix them with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Set asie.
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, peanut butter, and brown sugar together until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the peanut butter mixture and continue beating until well blended.
- Add the sifted flour to the peanut butter mixture and combine just until moistened.
- Mix in the bananas and vanilla. Fold in the peanuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf on the middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool 20-25 minutes on the wire rack before removing from pan.
If there is no food processor, it is not difficult to mix the shortening and peanut butter with a wooden spoon.
1 hour, 30 minutes