Who said salads are only for the summer? this pear, walnut and blue cheese salad makes the best of ingredients available through late autumn and winter.
- Core and cut the pears into quarters. Then cut each quarter in half.
- Now heat the olive oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden and soft. Season with a little pepper if desired.
- In a large bowl place the lettuce leaves and toss with a little lemon juice, roasted walnuts and a little olive oil.
- Divide the salad between plates and place a couple of pieces of pear on each plate.
- Now top with a little crumbled blue cheese and serve.
To roast the walnuts simply place them in a non-stick pan over high heat for approximately 2 minutes. Tossing regularly.