Muffins are great for breakfast, halved and spread butter and jam, although this muffins are sweet and moist enough to eat on their own.
- Heat oven to 375°F and grease a muffin pan with butter, or prepare paper cases.
- Sift flour and baking powder and reserve.
- Cream butter and sugar. Combine with egg and vanilla extract, if using, and beat until fluffy.
- Add mashed bananas and chopped pecans and mix.
- Beating slowly, mix in a little flour and then add 1 tablespoon of milk. Repeat until all flour and milk have been added.
- Distribute the batter among the prepared muffin cases or pan.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and muffins pass the done test.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 8-10 minutes before unmolding. Cool for a further 8-10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Done test: A toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
If not using vanilla extract, try a little cinnamon.