A European take on a popular South African pudding made with whipped non-dairy cream, caramelized condensed milk, coconut cookies and a type peppermint chocolate.
1 cn caramel (or dulce de leche)
1 c whipping cream (heavy cream / double cream / soy cream)
2 pk cookies (coconut cookies)
3⁄4 c sweets (hard mint candy, crushed)
3⁄4 c chocolate (milk chocolate, grated)
- Mix crushed mint candy and grated chocolate in a bowl. Set apart.
- Place the caramel in a large bowl and stir it so it becomes soft.
- Whip cream until stiff and gently fold it into the caramel with a spatula.
- Incorporate half of the crushed mint candy and grated chocolate into the creamy mixture.
- Arrange a layer of coconut cookies at the bottom of a dish. Spoon over a layer of creamy mixture. Repeat layers until you have used the cookies and the creamy mixture, finishing with a layer of creamy mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed mint candy and grated chocolate mixture on top.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours to set, better overnight.