In New Zealand, it is common for the pavlova to be topped with kiwi fruit.
4 egg white (the egg white of 4 eggs)
1 t vinegar (or lemon juice)
6 T water (boling water)
2 c sugar (white sugar)
1 t peppermint (peppermint essence)
1 dr food dye (green)
1 T corn starch
cream (whipped cream to taste)
2 kiwi (peeled and sliced)
fruit (fresh fruit to taste, cut)
2 T brown sugar (for decoration)
- Heat the oven to 425º F.
- Beat, with a mixer, the egg whites and the sugar until the sugar has been dissolved.
- Add vinegar, water, peppermint essence and food dye, and then beat for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the corn starch.
- Spread on an oven sheet and place in the oven. CLOSE THE DOOR AND TURN OFF THE OVEN.
- Leave the pavlova in the hot oven at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream, kiwi and other fruit. Sprinkle brown sugar over the fruit.
1 hour, 20 minutes