A plum and Port wine sauce goes well with baked ham, gammon, or roasted pork. The flavor combination also complements some game meats such as venison.
- Bring to the boil the plum jam and apple juice in a saucepan.
- Simmer until reduced by 1/3, 5-10 minutes.
- Add port and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot with the cold water, add to the pan and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer, stirring continuosly, until the liquid thickens and the sauce reaches a smooth, glossy consistency.
If yu don't have it, substitute 1 tsp arrowroot + 2 tsp cold water with 2 tsp conrstarch + 4 tsp water.