The cheese cake to make at autumn harvest time.
1 1⁄2 c crackers (Graham crackers, crumbled)
1⁄3 c butter (melted)
1⁄4 c sugar (for crust)
3 pk cream cheese (softened, 8 oz packages)
1 c brown sugar (light brown sugar, packed, for cheese cake)
15 oz pumpkin
2⁄3 c evaporated milk
2 T corn starch
1 1⁄4 t cinnamon (ground)
1⁄2 t nutmeg
2 c sour cream (at room temperature)
1 t vanilla extract
2⁄3 c sugar (for the topping)
cheese sauce (optional, caramel sauce or maple syrup to drizzle)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake in 350° F oven for 6 to 8 minutes. (Do not brown). Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
The cheese cake
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and the brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add the cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat very well. Pour into the crust. Bake at 350° F for 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and the vanilla in small bowl; mixing well. Spread over surface of the warm cheesecake. Bake at 350° F for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Drizzle a little caramel over the top, if using, before serving.
1 hour, 45 minutes