If quinoa has to be an acquired taste for you, try these muffins at breakfast or snack time. This is a fun and savory way to incorporate super foods into your diet.
- Preheat oven to 425° F and grease or spray oil in muffin tins, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In large bowl, put milk, eggs, and butter and mix until blended.
- In separate bowl, put quinoa meal, cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking powder, and basil, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Fold in Cheddar cheese until combined well.
- Fill muffin cups with mixture and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown.
Make quinoa meal by putting raw quinoa in your blender or food processor, and chopping until very fine. You could also use quinoa flour.