Delicious, protein rich, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan, what else could one ask?
1⁄2 T olive oil (plus a little more for baking pan)
7 bell pepper (3 orange, 3 yellow, 1 red)
1 onion (red, diced)
1⁄2 lb mushroom (small, sliced)
1 c carrot (diced, 2-4 depending on size)
1⁄2 c parsley (fresh, chopped, densely packed)
1 1⁄2 t cinnamon
3⁄4 t cumin
salt (to taste)
pepper (ground, to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to manufacturers directions. While cooking, start the vegetable prep.
- Place olive oil in large pan over a medium heat. Drop in the onions and cook until transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cooking an additional 4 to 5 minutes. After the mushrooms have cooked down, add the carrots and the red pepper, diced. Cook for about 2 minutes before adding the parsley and spinach, mix well after each addition. Allow the spinach to wilt before seasoning vegetables with cinnamon and cumin.
- Stir in the quinoa.
- Season with Herbamere, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, blend in the cashews.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare the 6 peppers for stuffing.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the cooked vegetable mixture and gently pack it into the peppers, making sure to fully fill each one.
- Rub only a few drops of olive oil on a large covered baking pan to help prevent sticking. Place peppers standing upright in the pan. Cover the pan and Place in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Check for tenderness. Serve Warm
1 hour, 20 minutes