Quinoa can be used in place of rice in any kind of recipe. This is recipe is an example of how quinoa can be cooked in the Italian risotto style.
- Put sun dried tomatoes in a heat-proof bowl, cover with hot water, and let sit for 15 minutes; then drain water and chop tomatoes into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large pot, put half the broth and bring to a simmer; add onion and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, the remaining broth, white wine, and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in quinoa; cover and simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
- Uncover pot and put broccoli in pot, re-cover pot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and toss ingredients together, fluffing up the quinoa and mixing in the broccoli.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of cashews and green onions if desired.
The original recipe will serve 4 as main course, or 6 as appetizer or side dish.
Try this recipe with half risotto rice half quinoa.