Goes well with leg of lamb, pork tenderloin, and roasted ham.
2 T ginger (fresh ginger, peeled and grated)
4 T pureed tomato
2 chili pepper (chopped, seeds removed)
6 T vinegar (raspberry vinegar)
2 T honey
6 T tomato ketchup
4 T brown sugar
seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
3 1⁄2 c raspberries (washed and hulled)
- Puree the raspberries and strain. Reserving the pulp, and discarding any solids.
- In a sauce pan melt the sugar over a very low heat, stir in the ginger and chili piece, vinegar, tomato puree and ketchup.
- Stir in the raspberry puree and simmer 2 minutes, stir constantly.
- Strain out the chunks of ginger and chili. Allow to cool.
- Add the honey and salt and pepper to taste.