Roast lamb with a herb sauce is another great dish for a celebration dinner yet easy to prepare.
7 lb lamb (leg of lamb on the bone)
1⁄4 c lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
8 clv garlic (minced)
2 T pepper (optional, black pepper, coarsely ground)
1 T salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F / 200° C.
- Rub the lemon juice over the leg of lamb. Evenly sprinkle on the garlic and rosemary, then shake the salt and pepper over the surface. Place in the oven on the middle rack and cook for 30 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 350° F / 175° C and cook for another hour.
- You can test the lamb by using a meat thermometer. It should read around 150° F / 65° C.
- While the meat is cooling, you can prepare the sauce.
- Remove the lamb from the roasting pan to use for the sauce. Pour the wine and chicken stock into the pan. Warm over a medium fire on the stove and stir to combine with the lamb drippings. Pour the sauce over the lamb and you're ready to go!
2 hours, 20 minutes