Something not seen on the everyday table. Wild boar does not need much to become a delicious gourmet dish. Substitute with deer, to keep the wild meat flavor, or pork, if game meats would taste too strong for your guests.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C) and sear the wild boar in the for 25-30 minutes. Then set temperature to 400°F (200°C) and cook for 25-35 minutes more, until meat is cooked.
- Once the roast is done done, let it stand covered in foil for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter in a pan and saute the sliced mushrooms, pepper and shallots with the crushed garlic.
- Add brandy and cook lively for 3 minutes until the alcohol has evaporated. Add tomato and ketchup.
- Add the cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Slice the wild boar roast and place some slices on each plate, cover with the sauce and serve some creamy garlic mash on the side.
Steamed cabbage seasoned with freslhy ground black pepper is great vegetable side for this recipe.