Roasted vegetables are an easy and appetizing side dish and with a few herbs they become even more delicious.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place a rack on the top position in the oven.
- Place the zucchini pieces on a cookie sheet or a low oven pan, skin down.
- Mix the garlic in with oil in a small bowl. Brush garlic oil over the entire zucchini pieces.
- Place in the heated oven on the top rack. Bake 5-10 minutes, zucchini should be starting to brown, if not, allow to bake, checking ever 2-3 minutes until light browning.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl.
- Mix in herbes de Provence and sprinkle over the baked zucchini. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If in doubt, remove one piece to test how done it is. The zucchini should be cooked, not mushy.
For the herbes de Provence, mix together crushed dried leaves of winter savory, thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon, and lavender flowers.