Serve salade Niçoise either in a bowl or a plate.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cooled, peel and cut into 1/5 inch slices.
- Cook green beans in boliling salted water. Drain and cool under cold running water to stop cooking. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Line a salad bowl with lettuce. Combine potatoes and green beans and place over the lettuce.
- Place the drained, flaked tuna in the center. Arrange egg quarters, tomato chunks, anchovy fillets and olives around the tuna.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if using, and serve.
Substitute lettuce with 6-8 cups mixed salad leaves. If preparing the salad later, store cooked green beans and cooked, sliced potatoes, covered, in the refrigerator.