A refreshing and light Saudi meal, packed full of flavorful and great ingredients.
1 onion (diced)
2 T olive oil
2 tomato (peeled and diced)
1 clv garlic (crushed)
2 T tomato paste
1 chicken (cut in half)
1 T cumin
- In a pot, cook the onions in the oil until they become translucent, then add the garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper and spices.
- Cook until a thick sauce appears before chucking in the chicken halves for a few minutes.
- Cover the chicken in water so it is completely under and cook on a low heat for 40-50 minutes.
- Take the chicken halves out and put them to cook in the oven until golden brown on the outside.
- Cook the rice in the pot with the chicken broth until nearly no liquid is left.
- Place the rice on plates, top with chicken and serve with yogurt or salad.
1 hour, 40 minutes