Ground lamb mixed with spices and crumbled sheep´s milk cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into burgers, round or oval.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook burgers on the grill or barbecue, turning once; until the meat is done; about 6-8 minutes each side.
- Serve each burger with your favorite salsa, relish, or chutney and green salad leaves.
If there is no outside grill or barbecue, cook the burgers in the oven, under a heated grill. Alternatively, the burgers can be fried in a pan with a little oil.
For a quick garnish, mix some ewe's milk Feta cheese with mayonnaise, dried basil, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For another savory variation, substitute the crunchy fried onion with the same amount of grated Feta cheese.